Through the recent Glenn Beck story, we will take a look at discuss the different areas of digital media and results of news topics.
- Read Glenn Beck’s Story
- Discuss among groups
- What are your thoughts on this story?
- How do you think this will affect the media?
- Can you think of any similarities elsewhere?
- Overview of technology and media news to follow.
- Week 1: Introduction / Learning Outcomes and Digital vs. Analog (Sept 5th)
- Week 2: Distribution / The Long Tail and The Internet (Sept 12th)
- Week 3: Niche Content: Guest Lecture – Frank Proctor of Muse Magazine (Sept 19th)
- Week 4: Social Media / User Generated Content (Sept 26th)
- Week 5: Communication and Power: Guest Lecture – Diane Stormont (Oct 3rd)
- Week 6: Collaborative Creativity / Lessons from Start Ups (Oct 10th)
- Week 7: Guest Lecture – Brandon Cheung of Tribal DDB (Oct 24th)
- Week 8: Machine Readable Media / Open API (Oct 31st)
- Week 9: Open API (Nov 7th)
- Week: 10 Censorship and Network Boundaries
- Week: 11 Imagining the Future (Nov 14th)
- Week: 12 Joi Ito @ HKU(Nov 28)