In this course, we use SoundSlides Plus to create audio slideshows.
We will go through the entire process together from the beginning to the end in class next week, but for your future reference, here is what you need to do for the assignment.
1. Create a project folder under your name and student number (e.g. masato012345)
2. Audio: Your audio file must be in mp3 (64 kbps/mono) format and saved in the project folder
- Remember that sound quality is part of the assessment. Wear a headphone and pay attention to details when you record your interviews and ambient sound.
- Edit carefully. TRT (total running time) must not be longer than 2 min. 30 sec.
- Adjust the level. Normalizing might help.
- Make sue that your edited monologue does not misrepresent your subject in any way. Also, be aware of the ethical issues when you are mixing voice track and ambient sound.
- Do not add any background music in the post production unless your are certain that it is copyright and royalty free.
- You need a mp3 file encoded in mono at 64kbps. The easiest way to do this is to save the file in WAVE format in Audition in the lab and then covert it to mp3 by using iTunes at home (or on your laptop), perhaps.